1. Application Qualification
– Students who have received Bachelor’s degree from domestic or foreign institutions, or those who are expected to receive a Bachelor’s degree, or those who are recognized by law to possess an equivalent degree.
– Commissioned officer who have received Bachelor’s degree from domestic or foreign institutions or those who are recognized by law to possess an equivalent degree and received recommendation from Minister of Education, Science, and Technology.
– Students who belong to either the first or the second qualification and received over 601 in TEPS, over 223 in TOEFL CBT, or over 84 in IBT. (The scores are acceptable within two years before the application deadline)
2. Range of Majors that cannot apply for transfer
– Students who belong to majors related to Communication, Journalism, Advertising, Advertising Video, Media or other information society related majors.
– Students who have pursed double major that are in the same department as the major they are applying for
– The committee will make a final decision in whether students who have pursued minor programs in the same department as desired major or are not limited by the above clauses can apply for a transfer, so please contact the desired program before applying
3. Transfer Year
Students will be transferred into 3rd year. But, military transfer students will undergo committee evaluation or recommendation from Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology to be transferred to 2nd year.
– Deadline & Submission Procedure
– Selection Factor and Score Assignment
|Major Course exam (mass communication)||Interview & Oral Exam||Total||Note|
|100||50||150||*oral exam will proceed for 2 hours|
– Admission Period & Procedures
Students will be admitted according to the aggregate scores from major course exam, interview, and oral exam.
5. Required Documents
– Application & test identification slip (available for print after internet application)
– 2 photos (attached on application and test identification slip)
– Original (expected) graduation certificate
– Original English Proficiency Document (TEPS results do not need to be submitted)
– Personal Statement & Study Plan
For detailed admissions information please refer to Seoul National University Admissions Office website: http://admission.snu.ac.kr