Team or role: Business Strategy
Job type: Intern
Applications are due by Monday, July 31, 2015 at 11:59pm PST. Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and reach out to applicants in early 2015 if selected for next steps. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application. We will accommodate your school schedule when determining the start date and duration, and relocation support is available on a case-by-case basis.
Being an intern at Google means you will be a fully integrated member of our business team. You work within a diverse team, on challenging projects with high impact during a
10-12 weeks paid, full-time internship. You will be assigned an intern manager who will help identify project goals, inspire, mentor you and support your professional development. In addition, you will participate in a structured program of educational and social activities to ensure you have a productive experience at Google that helps you grow both your personal and professional skills.
The Business Internship is open to students from all academic disciplines with strong analytical skills to help Google clients and users get the most out of their advertising efforts and our products. With exceptional interpersonal skills, you are strongly interested in client service, project management and communication. You are also a self-starter who brings a determined, solution-oriented attitude. Many intern roles within this programme do not require technical skills and they could include managing advertiser or publisher accounts, developing compelling advertising solutions for brand advertisers, improving access to relevant information for millions of internet users, analyzing large sets of data, or developing scalable support solutions for rapid- growth consumer products.
- Job responsibilities and detailed projects will be determined based on your educational background, interest, and skills
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s/Master’s program graduating in 2016 (priority given to students in their penultimate year of study).
- Returning to education on a full-time basis upon completing the internship.
- Be able to complete a minimum 10 weeks at Sydney office between October 2015 and February 2016. We will accommodate your school schedule when determining the start date and duration.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tackle highly strategic and challenging business problems
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-started and independent thinker
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a challenging environment
- Strong interest in the Internet and Google’s technology and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in Asian languages (Mandarin, Taiwanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai and/or Bahasa Indonesia).